- 3-4 ripe but firm avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 limes, freshly squeezed
- ½ cup fresh cilantro with stems, chopped
- 1 jalapeno or serrano, minced with seeds removed
- 3 tablespoons crumbled cotija cheese or queso fresco
- ¼ cup of raw pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- Kosher salt to taste
- In a medium bowl, add onions and avocados. Mash lightly.
- Add jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, and salt. Mix to combine.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate in an airtight container with plastic directly on the surface for up to 1 day.
- When ready to serve, top with cheese, pepitas, and garnish with cilantro leaves. Grab your favorite tortilla chips and enjoy Amigos!